Richard Forrester a écrit :

Hello,

I have FOP 0.94 and I am running into some issues with Memory. I have a rather large XML file.. 2.5 MB. when I try to create a PDF from this file my memory usage spikes up to 700 MB when it starts converting. However it seems to stay there between 600 and 700 MB almost like it's frozen. I've waited 5 to10 minutes to see if it would finish, but never seems to. Is there something I can do to fix this memory usage issue and make it more manageable?

Thank You!

Not willing to play "Mine is bigger than yours" ;-)
but the document I'm working on is 3.5 Mb source, 7.5 Mb FO and has 1200 rather large PNG screenshots inside. The whole thing fits easily with a full AS and a rather large management web app in 1 Gb. And all the memory we need is released at the end. So my best guess is: you should try to make your document more manageable for FOP by breaking it in severa fo:page-sequence (chapters, sections, whatever makes sense in your business). Between page-sequences, many resources are released.
Anyhow, it helped us make it (we had such problems in the beginning).

Jean-François El Fouly