On 29 Jan 2009, at 00:48, Peter Coppens wrote:

Hi Peter

Kind of you to take the time to try this.

I am on Preview Version 4.1 (469.4) on MacOs 10.5.6

Same here.

FO is as simple as it gets I think

Attached the pdf with fop 0.95...if it makes it through the list server.
Rendered it with
fop -u -noprint -nocopy -fo t2.fo -pdf t2.pdf

One tiny remark: is it deliberate that you specify the "-u" parameter without specifying a password, or is this a typo? If I do that here, the print and copy restrictions are applied, but no password is asked when opening the file. It has the same effect as omitting the '-u' parameter.

Note: if you don't specify an owner password '-o password', then FOP generates a random one, so it will become rather difficult to get around those restrictions. :-)

It opens in Acrobat reader without further ado, but I get the password input
screen of Preview

Same here with your PDF. I notice you are using FOP 0.95.
I think the news is good, since I must admit, I only tried FOP Trunk.

If I judge correctly, the change I committed (which Jeremias mentioned as a fix in Bugzilla 40557) could have something to do with it. Before that change, FOP generated two "/ID" entries in the trailer in case the document was encrypted, and this caused problems in earlier versions of Acrobat too...

Can you confirm that the issue does not occur with FOP Trunk?

Cheers

Andreas