I don't have a font called "MS Gothic" on my XP / Word 2007 PC, so
i've used "Century Gothic" instead, but subject to that, and assuming
the relevant fonts are available, isn't this just:

            <fo:block>
                <fo:inline  font-family="Candara">A</fo:inline>
                <fo:inline  font-family="Century Gothic">=E3=81=82</fo:inline>
            </fo:block>

with a config such as:

<fop version="1.0">
    <strict-configuration>true</strict-configuration>
    <renderers>
        <renderer mime="application/pdf">
            <fonts>
weight="normal"/>