From: Jayant Ghagre [mailto:jayant.gha...@ambest.com]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 8:22 AM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: FOP trunk error message when run from ant

Eric,

In our case, we get data from database as XML, apply the reports
specific xsl-fo template (.xsl file) and generate a PDF report. That's
our requirement and the solution I mentioned works very well for us.

All we need is create FOP Factory instance, specify the configuration
file location, specify transformer (XSLT), provide source XML file and
we have what we need a PDF report.

Also we keep our application related fonts in a separate folder than
windows folder.

Regards,
Jayant

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>

---|
  |"Eric Douglas" <edoug...@blockhouse.com>

---|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>

---|
  |<fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>

---|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>

---|
  |07/01/2010 04:12 PM

---|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>

---|
  |RE: FOP trunk error message when run from ant

---|

That doesn't seem right at all.  You explain how to get the fonts into
the xconf reference path then show an embedded example.  If you're using
the classes and embedding the code you don't need that.

I pull in fonts like this:
1) Create a TTFFontLoader using the font file name with URI path and a
DefaultFontResolver
2) If it's one font per file just use getFont() to create a CustomFont,
if you need to query any font details from the file
3) Build a new FontTriplet and add it into a Java ArrayList
4) Create a new EmbedFontInfo object using the FOP generated metrics
file (URI), the KerningEnabled value (can be queried from CustomFont),
the font triplet array, the font file (URI), and the sub font name (may
be null)
5) Create another Java ArrayList and add in the EmbedFontInfo
6) Generate a Renderer and pass the font ArrayList to setFontList()
7) Put the Renderer into the UserAgent (setRendererOverride) Then you
shouldn't even need the xconf file.

I suggest never referring to fonts as files which should be installed on
the client OS.  We had a program years ago running on Windows 98
referencing a Courier font that didn't come out right because somehow
the same font file had a different looking font in it on different
clients.  I avoid that problem now pulling the font from the server.