Hey,

I'm trying to make a workaround for the lack of change bar support in FOP. I
was thinking about making a two-pass solution that analyzes the area tree and
adds additional content where necessary. I have really modest needs so maybe
that could be workable.
 * No nesting, only one class
 * Just thin simple black lines, ok if they overlap since that won't be visible
 * Always positioned on the exact same x-position relative to the left page
margin
 * Just apply on entire building blocks (such as paragraphs, a title etc)

However, that would need some form of tagging in the AT, that is lifted from
the transform stage. That is, ideally I'd like to be able to add a
myns:changed="true" attribute to my input docbook blocks, and that would result
in <block> elements in the AT that are decorated in such a way that I can pick
it up.

I can't just add a border-left at the fo level though, because the changed
blocks might be part of a variable list or other types of elements that aren't
flush with the left edge.

Has anybody done something like this? Does it sound silly? Any other
suggestions for workarounds?

Regards,
/Fredrik