On 02/05/2011 20:57, Fredrik Bengtsson wrote:

Hi Fredrik,

You mean absolutely positioned AT blocks, not fo:blocks? Right, I thought I'd
do something like that. It'd be hard to solve at the FO level at any rate, for
corner cases like tables, indented/nested blocks or variablelists.

Do you mean that this is a sort of confirmation of the proposed method, that
you are doing something similar? I tried just blindly adding a new attribute to
my FO blocks but FOP-trunk choked on that because it did not recognize the
foreign attributes. So I assume I'll have to handle them somehow specially? I
seem to remember an old mail discussion that mentioned using ID attributes,
maybe that is a way forward?

Yes thats right. Using the ID attribute is the way to identify what elements in the AT or IF XML came from which fo:blocks in the source. Up until recently this trick only worked in AT, but Vincent recently committed a change to trunk to support this in IF XML too.

Has anybody else experimented with having custom information fall through to
the intermediate formats in general?

/F

Regards,

Chris