On 12/07/2011 12:11, Glenn Adams wrote:
this is not a bug, as pointed out by Pascal

By debug I meant debug the XSLT/XSL-FO rather than the Java code.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 5:08 AM, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com <mailto:bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

    On 12/07/2011 09:52, tecshine wrote:

    Hi,

        Thanks for the reply Pascal

        I have tried using fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false); but
        it doesnt
        solve the problem.
        Our entire application was based on FOP 0.20.5 and rewriting
        all XSLTs would
        mean a lot of work.
        Is there any other way we can resolve the issue.

    Can you generate the XSL-FO and post it to the list (if its not
    too big)

    Since you are submitting XSLT+XML to fop you will need to use
    -foout option when running FOP from the command line to generate
    the intermediate XSL-FO. We can debug the issue by looking at the
    XSL-FO.

    Thanks,

    Chris

        Pascal Sancho wrote:

            Hi Swetha,

            FOP 1.0 is more strict than FOP 0.2x regarding the XSL-FO
            REC 1.1.
            Probably you will experiment further ValidationExceptions
            against FO
            elements or attributes (missing %block% in fo:table-cell
            is the most
            popular).

            The best way is to rewrite your XSL-T to produce strict
            XSL-FO.

            But FOP team offered a configuration tip to help in FOP
            0.2x to Latest
            migration: see [strict-validation] element at [1].

            [1]

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/configuration.html#general-available