On 15 Jul 2011, at 17:54, Hamed Mohammed wrote:

Hi

Just to get it out of the way: please refrain from hijacking existing threads
in the future, unless it really is the same issue. The OP was about
fo:list-blocks, your issue concerns fo:table-rows. The OP was about missing
child elements, your issue is about a wrong child element. Apart from the fact
that a ValidationException is thrown, the cases have nothing in common...

> I get this error intermittently while generating PDF report using FOP 1.0.
>
> null:5511:928: "{http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format}block"; is not a valid
> child of "fo:table-row"! (See position 5511:928).
<snip />
>  In most cases this issue is resolved on resubmitting the report. Can any one
> pin point what is the actual cause of this issue and why it is happening
> occasionally for the same input?

This means that, at line 5511, column 928 in the FO source, there is a fo:block
that ends up as a direct child of a fo:table-row, and that is not allowed by
XSL-FO (see: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#fo_table-row - only fo:table-cells are
allowed as child nodes)

I would suspect it is actually NOT the same input. Have you verified that the
FO is really identical in both cases? If so, can you post a sample?

Regards,

Andreas
---