Hi,

As you wrote, the problem occurs during the transformation of XML + XSLT to
XSL:FO and therefore this is not related to Apache FOP. I had a similar issue
some years ago and the problem was a concurrency issue inside Xalan. Try
upgrading to Xalan 2.7.1 were this was definitely fixed. Note that Xalan may
also be loaded from the 'endorsed' directory of application servers.

Having said that, there are indeed a few concurrency issues in Apache 1.0 which
are fixed in FOP trunk. They don't seem to be related to this but if you have
many threads running , I am sure you will sooner or later encounter them. If
this does not solve the problem, then explaining or attaching code on how you
use Apache FOP will help.

Alexis