Thanks very much for the pointer. Seems to work only with

FOP 0.95beta or 0.95

but I think we are still using 0.93 and I guess we could upgrade ;-)

IIUC probably more effort is to transform Latex to MathML in order to
use this library, but maybe I misunderstand something. Will have a
closer look at it.

Thanks

Michael