On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Dominic Cleal <domi...@cleal.org> wrote:

> On 26/07/16 14:17, Ohad Levy wrote:
> > +1 I believe 1.14 is a more suitable candidates. mostly after having a
> > proper backup/restore procedure to migrate foreman, proxy and plugins.
>
> The manual already has a section on backup, recovery and migration. If
> you feel it's incomplete then please help fix it - there's plenty of
> time until this change is released in which to do it.

Dominic, I'm not saying that dropping EL6 is a bad move(I personally like
that), but based on Eric feedback, it does feel like it has a high impact
on plugins, backup and restore in this section only refers to Foreman core,
and while I understand why you are mostly focused on it, I think we should
not ignore the large plugin ecosystem, further, It will leave plugins
with reduced
testing, and it becomes increasingly difficult to release in sync (e.g.
with foreman core), unless we prepare for that in advance. we currently
have about 5 weeks left until 1.13 is branched, which will most likely put
some features or the release plans in risk.

Ohad