On Tue, 2017-06-27 at 11:37 +0200, Michael Moll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While I don't like GMail, that sounds like a sensible way to go,
> lacking the alternatives.

I agree, but it's just for password recovery and so forth, so that it's
not tied to a single person. I don't expect to use it for anything
else.

> In addition to pass, Ewoud already mentioned, I was recommended
> passbolt (https://www.passbolt.com) and gopass (https://www.justwatch
> .com/gopass), which is a rewrite of pass.

I'll check those out, but tbh I'm wary of adding yet more 3rd-party
SaaS systems (even if they're FOSS), it's just more dependencies.
Thinking about it, a GPG encypted file somwehere on
downloads.theforeman.org would be enough, no?

On Tue, 2017-06-27 at 06:20 -0400, Eric D Helms wrote:
> Throwing yet another idea out there. Ansible Vault allows encrypting
> yaml key value files and storing the encrypted file in git so that it
> can be shared and stored in source control.

Maybe I'm missing something, but where's the value in Ansible here?
We're not talking about API secrets for automation, we're talking about
login details for the various services we use - i.e. for use by humans.

Greg