Hello,

I would like to run Foreman in a distributed, multi-site setup. Each site
has a dedicated dhcp+tftp smart proxy, including a Windows WDS host.
I am in need to provide a "boot from WDS" menu item in the PXE menu. That
is easy, but each proxy should provide a PXE menu customized to point at
the site-specific WDS.

Two options I thought of:

   - DNS based solution, with same url but changing IP by site
   - A variable (@wds_server_ip) in the PXE file, associated to a host
   group, different per site

Now, this second option is tempting but I can't figure out how to make it
happen: I have been kindly pointed at the Functions/Macros section of the
wiki. Sadly, host/hostgroup specific parameters don't apply to global PXE
templates (see here
http://projects.theforeman.org/projects/foreman/wiki/templatewriting#PXE-Menus).

I would love to find a solution to this, since also the Discovery PXE
snippet has an hardcoded smart-proxy value, and I need that to be dynamic
per site.

Thanks!