Oleg,

are you on DHCP network? Or booting the ISO from CDROM/USB stick without
network.

There's a service called /usr/bin/discovery-fetch-extensions
and /usr/bin/discovery-start-extensions with their systemd service files,
the former is path activated and there is a environment file created by
NetworkManager when (any) interface is activated. It reads the servername
from command line, but if there is a TFTP server option it got from DHCP
response, it prefers it. So it looks like this only works when the the
network is activated. This is expected behaviour.

But it looks like if you embed extensions and no network is activated, it
does not unpack them (start extensions), this is a bug. We should unpack
and activate them even if no network is started at all. File a ticket
please.

LZ

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Oleg Mcnoleg <stockford...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to roll my own discovery ISO to include some scripts I want to
> run ahead of provisioning an OS to disks.
>
> I must be doing this incorrectly as my test script as not landing in
> /opt/extension/autostart.d when booted from my fdi image.
>
> I have downloaded fdi-image-3.2.0.tar and uncompressed that bad boy.
> Dropped a test.zip in the foreman-discovery-image-master folder (test.zip
> contains the below)
>
> autostart.d/
> autostart.d/01_zip.sh
> bin/
> facts/
> lib/
>
> I run ./build-livecd fdi-centos7.ks followed by ./build-livecd-root
>
> I then boot the ISO, set an ssh password, login but I do not see my script
> in /opt/extension/autostart.d
>
> I guess I am missing a step or completely misunderstood the how to achieve
> this? I basically need to include my scripts in the ISO.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Ta,
>
> --

Later,