Hi Lukas,

Lukas Zapletal schrieb:
> There are two templates, one is when you are in BUILD mode, the other
> is for the non-BUILD mode:
>
> provisioning_templates/PXEGrub2/pxegrub2_default_local_boot.erb
> provisioning_templates/PXEGrub2/pxegrub2_global_default.erb

Correct me if I'm wrong:
The pxegrub2_default_local_boot does nothing more than chainload the
bootloader installed on the machine's hard disk (unless it is an EFI
machine):

> menuentry "Chainload into BIOS bootloader on first disk" {
>   set root=(hd0,0)
>   chainloader +1
> }

(This is actually from the pxegrub2_chainload snippet that gets included
in the pxegrub2_default_local_boot template)

So with a normal bios boot, it just boots the machine via PXE and tells
it to chainload the bootloader in the mbr and boot from that.

What I am interested in is the configuration of this bootloader in the
mbr. I.e. the one, that can be configured on the machine itself
(/boot/grub/grub.cfg).

I hope I could clarify what I want to achieve.

I tried to do some stuff via preseed, but it never got called
apparently. I'm debugging this right now, but have not got any clue this
far.

Johannes

--
Johannes Kastl