Hey,

No, i haven't had time to look into it correctly - if there another method,
perhaps it should be documented on

https://theforeman.org/plugins/foreman_ansible/1.x/index.html

and would be good to share it here for future ref.

Cheers
David

On 26 June 2017 at 12:39, Pankaj Agarwal <pankaj.scor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> Mh, that looks actually pretty much like the things I did. Additionally I
>> was setting some values in the administrationnal section of Foreman.
>>
>> However I will try with a fresh install and try to redo it.
>>
>> Bests,
>>
>> Bernhard
>>
>> On 05/28/2017 08:49 AM, David LeVene wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> Firstly, i have opened an issue with foreman so it can be tracked.
>>
>> http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/19661
>>
>> @Bernhard - I think the instructions on the foreman/ansible page (
>> https://theforeman.org/plugins/foreman_ansible/1.x/index.html) lack a
>> few things..
>>
>> update your /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg and add in the foreman whitelist
>> bit  "callback_whitelist = foreman"  - as per the guide.
>>
>> 1. If you are using ansible 2.2+, then you edit this file
>> /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ansible/plugins/callback/foreman.py
>>
>> And make updates like the following;
>>
>> FOREMAN_URL = os.getenv('FOREMAN_URL', "https://foreman.levene.local:443";
>> <https://foreman.levene.local:443>)
>> FOREMAN_SSL_CERT = (os.getenv('FOREMAN_SSL_CERT',
>> "/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/certs/foreman.levene.local.pem"),
>> os.getenv('FOREMAN_SSL_KEY',"/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/priv
>> ate_keys/foreman.levene.local.pem"))
>> FOREMAN_SSL_VERIFY = os.getenv('FOREMAN_SSL_VERIFY',
>> "/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/certs/ca.pem")  <-- You can set this to 0 or
>> set it to your CA's path.
>>
>> I didn't have it working initially, but did a full reboot of my test
>> machine and it started working.. probably just need to restart foreman or
>> something similar (https is via passenger)
>>
>> I tested via a basic playbook and seemed to get more feedback.
>>
>> As for getting playbooks in foreman its worth noting
>> * foreman reads roles from /etc/ansible/roles folder - i created a simple
>> one in there and was able to tell foreman to run it after importing.
>> * You can then assign ansible roles to hosts after importing, and run.
>>
>> Hope this helps you out a bit & I hope a dev/someone that does have it
>> working can assist!
>>
>> Cheers
>> David
>>

>> On Friday, 26 May 2017 23:39:25 UTC+9:30, Bernhard Hopfenmüller wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey there,
>>>
>>> I reported a similar issue some time ago. (see my mail below)
>>>
>>> I can not get the Callback Plugin to work. Do you have issues there as
>>> well, David, Philipp? If not, can I ask how you set the ansible plugin and
>>> the callback up?
>>>
>>> The problem with fact importing I have as well! Foreman 1.14.
>>>

>>> Hello there,
>>>
>>> I was hoping to get some help with the Foreman-Ansible Plugin, because I
>>> am having a problem I cannot resolve myself.
>>> My Foreman is Version 1.14
>>> I set up everything according to the instructions found on
>>> https://theforeman.org/plugins/foreman_ansible/1.x/index.html
>>> Additionally I ran foreman-installer -i to set up

>>> foreman_proxy_plugin_remote_execution_ssh
>>> foreman_plugin_ansible
>>>
>>> I kickstarted a host "centos7.dev" from Foreman, that has basically
>>> only a puppet environment and a puppet master (the foreman server itself).
>>> I added "centos7.dev" as a trusted puppetmaster host and added an
>>> ansible role to it.
>>> When I am trying to run that role , the run itself works, however I get
>>> this error on the RECAP
>>>
>>> PLAY RECAP
>>> centos7.dev    : ok=9    changed=0    unreachable=0    failed=0
>>>
>>>  [WARNING]: Failure using method (v2_playbook_on_stats) in callback plugin
>>> (</usr/lib/python2.7/site-
>>> packages/ansible/plugins/callback/foreman.CallbackModule object at