On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 10:30 AM Arjen Markus via Fortran
<fortran@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi Kay,
>
> (you forgot to reply to everybody ;))
>
> I am using a Windows version of gfortran and strings. I use a file viewer
> that comes with the Total Commander file manager. So, it may be something
> specific to that version of strings.

One caveat being that Fortran strings are not NULL terminated like C
strings. So a tool that searches for C-style strings in a binary might
not find Fortran-style strings unless there happens to be a NULL after
them for some other reason. The version of strings included in GNU
binutils searches for strings terminated by any non-printable
character, so it finds Fortran style strings (and a lot of noise which
isn't strings).

> Op vr 3 jun. 2022 om 09:25 schreef Kay Diederichs <
> kay.diederi...@uni-konstanz.de>:
> > @Janne thanks for pointing out that -g does not make the code slower.
> > Is there an option that prevents the sourcecode to be included when -g is
> > used?

You might try -frecord-gcc-switches. There's also
-grecord-gcc-switches (which puts the info somewhere in the debug
data), which is enabled by -g, but without -g it seems it doesn't do
anything.

--
Janne Blomqvist