Hi Harald,

On 14.03.23 20:38, Harald Anlauf wrote:
The testcase covers only non-coarray cases, as playing with
coarray variants hit pre-exisiting issues in gfortran that
are very likely unrelated to the interface checks.
I concur (but would not rule out additional interface issues).
I consider this rather as post 13-release stuff.
In any case, the coarray issue can be fixed separately. And I think
post-GCC-13 makes sense.
Regtested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.  OK for mainline?
Thanks – LGTM!
+  formal_as = formal->ts.type == BT_CLASS ? CLASS_DATA (formal)->as
+                                       : formal->as;
+

(Jakub remarks for such code that some editor (emacs?), he does not use,
mis-<tab>-auto-indent such a code - and proposes to add a parentheses
around the right-hand side of the assignment.)

* * *

I also wonder whether we need some run-time testcase. The interface
check now works and I also tend to write dg-do-compile testcases, but
given what can go wrong with all the array descriptor, class etc
handling, we may want to ensure it works at run time. – Thoughts?

(That's independent of the patch it and could be done as follow up, if
it deemed reasonable. The included testcase is surely compile-only as it
has dg-error checks.)

Tobias

Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201, 80634
München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Thomas
Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht
München, HRB 106955