Hi Tobias,

Am 15.03.23 um 10:10 schrieb Tobias Burnus:
Hi Harald,

On 14.03.23 20:38, Harald Anlauf wrote:
The testcase covers only non-coarray cases, as playing with
coarray variants hit pre-exisiting issues in gfortran that
are very likely unrelated to the interface checks.
I concur (but would not rule out additional interface issues).

More testing seems to mostly uncover issues later on in trans*.cc,
e.g. when passing type to class.  I'll open a PR on this as a followup.

I consider this rather as post 13-release stuff.
In any case, the coarray issue can be fixed separately. And I think
post-GCC-13 makes sense.

Good.

Regtested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.  OK for mainline?
Thanks – LGTM!
+  formal_as = formal->ts.type == BT_CLASS ? CLASS_DATA (formal)->as
+                                       : formal->as;
+

(Jakub remarks for such code that some editor (emacs?), he does not use,
mis-<tab>-auto-indent such a code - and proposes to add a parentheses
around the right-hand side of the assignment.)

Ah, adding parentheses helps!  I've reformatted this block accordingly.
Pushed as:

https://gcc.gnu.org/g:901edd99b44976b3c2b13a7d525d9e315540186a

* * *

I also wonder whether we need some run-time testcase. The interface
check now works and I also tend to write dg-do-compile testcases, but
given what can go wrong with all the array descriptor, class etc
handling, we may want to ensure it works at run time. – Thoughts?

If you comment out the lines with dg-error, the code compiles
and seems to run fine here.  I've even found cases where passing
array sections works correctly here and with current Intel it
does not ;-)

I'd prefer to postpone more elaborate run-time tests until we have
more non-ICEing related code.

Thanks,
Harald

(That's independent of the patch it and could be done as follow up, if
it deemed reasonable. The included testcase is surely compile-only as it
has dg-error checks.)

Tobias

Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201,
80634 München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer:
Thomas Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München;
Registergericht München, HRB 106955