I just want to finish up this thread by mentioning that I have PSPad version
5.0.7 on a computer at work and I discovered that it does not have this LineEnd
problem that my home computer has. So I copied the pspad.ini and keymap.ini
files from the work computer to a flash drive and then overwrote the files on my
home computer. This fixed things completely. My home computer's files must have
gotten corrupted somehow. PSPad has crashed several times (not often) and maybe
that caused it. Anyway, all is good. Thanks for the quick response on this!
:-D

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?2,78310,78320>
PSPad freeware editor https://www.pspad.com