On 7/28/07, Prajwal Tuladhar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't think Mircosoft is dead. The giant is waking in the form of
> their new Chief Technology Architect Ray Ozzie. Even gates leave
> Micorosft, it will be the dominant player in the tech world. Google is
> going in the same direction as Microsoft once was i.e. Google becoming
> next "Evil".

Microsoft pretty much started evil after the infamous letter to
hobbiyist,,,  Microsoft  isn't going to die,, they are too big for that...
but if all smart people (hackers) go elsewhere, I don't think they have much
hope unless they attract more developers... Only thing anyone says to me to
motivate me that M$ is cool is " u can earn a lot of money "
I have to use windows (albeit sometimes .... and almost never at home on my
machine) not because I want to but because other people just use it... M$
used to dictate market... now it doesn't ,,,, M$ used to push standards...
now it runs away from it... M$ used to say Linux is communism and GPL is a
virus... now they are craving for the same market share.. heck they even own
SCO unix code now and are unixifying their windows operating system....

Google has more techies in its head and people from vastly different
background than M$ ever had.. Google started off with best things in
everywhere it entered... search engine.. mail... calendar... google
analytics... video (not really.. but they bought the best anyways) and a lot
more... M$ started off with MS-DOS which was crappy software on a crappy IBM
hardware... compared to other things available in market... so they survived
by buying new technologies and using incompatibilities and anti-trust
practices to stay afloat... heck, they even stole windows from Mac... that's
cheating and not good technology AFAIK.. most people (hackers) left M$ in a
few years after their stock options matured to start off new companies or
join you-know-who google..

M$ is the chief reason for having such a meteoric rise of Linux.. because of
the WinTel workings.. most people probably might not have joined the linux
hackers gang if microsoft was all so powerful. There are powerful companies,
SUN, IBM, RedHat and many basement hackers working to keep a free market
from the monopolists like M$ or maybe google or anyone else.

PS: It's my freakin choice if I want to write M$ instead of whatever
everyone calls it... so don't bother to comment on it... if u don't like
it.. use your favorite text editor to do search and replace... (I guess
that'd be notepad... :P)  or use a greasemonkey script...

On Jul 27, 10:30 pm, "Prasanna Gautam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>