On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 09:46:04AM -0400, Ashes wrote:
> Top posting is the industry norm. You don't need to read through all the
> at the advantages of the top post in the same link provided by you.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post
>
> I know i would sound rude but i will top post. Its easy for most of the
> regular reader. I am really sorry and apologize to others. I am well aware
> of the fact that it will decrease reverse the order of the reading.

You do not have to think that you are sounding rude or have to apologize by
expressing your views. This is internet. Even a dog has a opinion here. haha! :)

> But since we are in google group we dont need to use usenet standard. If you
> top post you message then google will hide the reply and you see it easily.

True :) But it helps poor souls like us who do not use Google groups and uses a
mail client. All in all, it helps tremendously to bring context out of the
topic the mail addresses and shows the reader that you are discussing on topic
as well. Otherwise, I do not think top posting is voilating the discussiong
principle so its fine with lot of users.

All in all I believe, making contextual replies to a discussion (like the one I
have used above) is more important than top-posting or bottom-posting.

--
Cheers,
Bikal.