Have you seen websites of different government agencies? They all have
different look and feel. different navigation and different ways to present
information.

Right now government agencies are not providing any particular services
(like paying tax, registering names, or any ) except for information. But
its inevitable that it will come and has to come in Nepal too. One of the
most important thing about government websites is that they should be
uniform. It shouldnt be caotic.

I am not just talking about the websites but also the softwares, information
systems, networks, standards. They have to be standard and interconnected.
There shouldn't be replicated and should be updated if eGovernnece is going
to be deployed ever. (lots of money is being spent on eGovernence right now)

FOSS community should come forward to make a draft for standards in
protocols, designs, information architecture and information presentation
and that should be used by all the ministries, governmental agencies and
constitutional agencies. No one should be mistaken that FOSS will do it as a
free service. It should be and has to be paid service but the products has
to be released to open source community. Different companies and contractors
should come forward to build the standards specifications and softwares.
This has to be addressed and we should not fumble on basic things like
alternative solutions, migration solutions, or localization. We have done
that for 2 years and more. Now it should come from government. Now we need
some real work. We need something in preparation for the federal republic of
Nepal.

So in my opinion, we should collaborate with the government on building
standards and building open source solutions that can be used by all the
government agencies in Nepal from one investment.

If

--
Warm Regards,
Sagun Dhakhwa