Hello,

Bibek Shrestha wrote:
> You could edit /etc/apt/sources.list file
>
> Here is what you do
>
> Go to Application > Accessories > Terminal
> type
> $ gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> replace all http://servername/ubuntu with
> http://archive.mitra.net.np/ubuntu/ Save it
>
> again in terminal run
> $ sudo apt-get update
>
> You should now be able to download from mitra.net.np

[...]

> > do I need an authentication key for the repository?? If so where do I get
> > it??

Bibek has already said all the necessary steps needed. I am assuming by
authentication key you mean the public key of the package maintainer? You can
use apt-key to get it:
$ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com <fingerprint>;
$ sudo aptitude update;
$ sudo aptitude install <some-package>

Otherwise, if you meant any authentication for accessing the archive, then no
you do not need it(ignore the suggestion of using apt-key above). Mitra has
provided this free of charge to Ubuntu users of Nepal! :)

[...]

--
        Cheers,
        Ishwor Gurung