Well Postgresql is very particular. I found out what the issue was.

For some reason I couldn't use 'psql -d fossology -U fossy' because it
needed '-h localhost'  as an included option. Once I entered that I could
connect on the local box.

Then I had to change the list address in the
/etc/postgresql/8.3/main/postgresql.conf file:
# CONNECTIONS AND AUTHENTICATION

# - Connection Settings -

#listen_addresses = 'localhost'         # what IP address(es) to listen on;
listen_addresses = '*'                  # what IP address(es) to listen on;

So I tested from the agent the remote connection with: 'psql -h clear5 -d
fossology -U fossy' and it worked!!!

Thanks so much for your push!!!

-FuRoSh...