I don't know why you can't write a file to your own home directory.   I can't
help but wonder if that isn't a symptom of your difficulties.  Can you "touch
tfile" to create a file in your home directory?

The objective is to see the scheduler output with -v.  So another way you can
do this is:

1) delete /var/log/fossology.log
2) start the scheduler manually with fossology-scheduler -tv
That will start the scheduler normally but with the -v option so we can see
more verbose output in the log file.

If you are comparing files on each agent machine to the db/web hosting machine,
you need to look at more than /etc/fossology.   Files are installed in multiple
directories (/usr/lib/fossology/, /var/lib, ...).

Others have done many more multi system installs than I have.  Perhaps they can
see something obvious that we are missing.

Bob