On Jul 20, 2010, at 1:41 PM, Furosh One wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Bob Gobeille <bob.gobei...@hp.com> wrote:
>> This can happen with some very fast agents like the mimetype agent (which
>> you don't need to run unless you are doing your own db queries.   Is this
>> what is running?
>>
>> Bob Gobeille
>>
> Thanks for the response Bob,
>
> Actually the mimetype agent was not according to the person who ran
> the last 2 jobs.
>
> I am seeing problems with database Errors and the scheduler Exiting
> repeatedly after looking in:
>
> /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log/*
> /var/log/fossology/fossology.log
>
> I have shut down and restarted the postgresql and fossology services.
> Also ran DB check, Vacuum/Analyze on db.
>
> I also checked 'yum update' (since I installed from fossology repo on
> my RHEL5 server) and it found a newer fossology, but not sure if I
> should upgrade it.I'm guessing I probably should since I'm having
> these weird issues...

I would update to 1.2 if I were you.  ;-)  You can see the major chages on
http://fossology.org

That was good that you did a vac/analyze because that can cause the same
problem.
If you really want to track this down, it would be good to know what agent was
running.  Also to track these down, look in your postresql log file, if you
have it set to log queries that take to long, that's a clue.

Bob