Le 13/03/2014 15:47, Gobeille, Robert a écrit :
Hi Martin,
The real issue is that we do not support jumping releases. We only test sequential upgrades (2.0 > 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.3 > 2.4). This is unfortunate because we could test and make 2.x > 2.y work, but nobody has taken this on. Does anyone want to volunteer for this testing?
Err, in a way I am now a volunteer... at least for 2.0 > 2.4 !

I just reread the thread from Michael and it looks like we never solved the problem and he ended up “installing a clean instance of FOSSology and starting from scratch”. We gave up because he was having “frustrated users banging on his cubicle walls”, we weren’t able to solve the problem quickly, and starting over was acceptable to him. It looks like we got through the copyright table update problem but then ran into another issue with the agent table.

So tell me how you would like to proceed:

1) If you can perform the sequential updates, that would be best. But this might not work since you got part way through the 2.4 upgrade.
I have no idea if the database have been altered, but I think yes it has before it stopped on this error. So the state is partial. Do you think I could revert to 2.0.0 then to do the sequential updates over the current database state ?

2) If you are willing to start from scratch, that would work.
What does that mean exactly ?
I am not a fossology end user, and never did any administration steps on it before (sorry).

3) If your system is in an inconsistent state and 1 or 2 aren’t acceptable, we can try to reproduce the problem on one of our test systems and see what we need to do to solve it.
That would be wonderful. Let me know if you need anything from me !