2010/11/28  <wjhon...@aol.com>:
> I'm still not clear why we would want to know the IP exactly for analytical
> purposes.  Some intrepid programmer could write a program which would
> simply collect detailed analysis of a person's in-world behaviour and call
> them
> "Bob992" instead of 13.42.204.192 or whatever.  Making the information
> packets anonymous.  That would still allow any sort of analysis the Tatars
> want to
> make, and not reveal any private information.
i just has not thought about that as threat. theoretically ip
addresses can be used to count how much wikipedia readers are in
russia regions. such statistics is made by russian counters:
liveinternet, and maybe, mail.ru . but i do not know whether any tatar
can get such database to make such counter for wikipedia logs.
probably some russian companies can make such analysis for russian and
tatar and other wikipedias of languages of russia.
>the Tatars want to make
on the one hand, i do not represent [all] tatars, and on the one hand,
i think i represent also other language native speakers.