While this may not be a hot topic on everyone mind, but that fit the
criteria that Luis
and many others have raised:

- Integrated Printer Management across different print systems via DBUS
interfaces
  thus allow different printer management tools to function in across
distros and platforms
  (KDE/GNOME). Ideally maintainers for each of the existing printer
management tools
  should come together to agree on some standard interfaces and develop
a tool that
  GNOME can bless.

Just my 2 cents,

-Ghee