Vincent Untz wrote:
> I'm sure you know why I'm forwarding this to you ;-)
>
> Vincent
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Vincent Untz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----
>
> Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:48:55 +0200
> From: Vincent Untz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: foundation-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Call for hackfest ideas
>
> Hi,
>
> I guess most people have read various blog posts about how the GTK+
> hackfest went, and I've heard there'll be a small report about it too.
> But the general feeling seems to be that it was really useful.
>
> One of the things the Board wants to see happen this year is hackfests,
> and the fact that the GTK+ one was a success is a good sign that we
> should do this :-) But to make this happen, we need help from the
> community to come up with ideas of hackfests and we also need help from
> volunteers to lead this effort.
>
> So if you can think of a topic that would be suitable for a hackfest,
> please talk about it with a few people and share your idea.
>
> For budget reasons, it'd be better to keep the hackfests small (ie, not
> too many people). Note that a good hackfest is not just a good topic:
> you need to have the right people and a good agenda so that things
> actually get done.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vincent

The GNOME Art Team are planning to get together in a face-to-face
meeting at some point during this year. Most of us are going to GUADEC,
but we have also discussed getting together for a planning and drawing
session (like a weekend or so) somewhere in Europe, as most of us live
there. There are obviously several things high up on the agenda, such as
working better together with the distros and looking into ways to grow
our community (as our work burden - people ratio isn't really optimal at
the moment).
- Andreas