So, what would Ubuntu GNOME need to do to differentiate their logo
from the 'normal' GNOME logo? Can they not use the GNOME foot at all?
Could they simply add a line 'not sanctioned by the GNOME Foundation'
to the website? What needs to be done?

Emily

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Bastien Nocera <had...@hadess.net> wrote:

>> On 18 Nov 2013, at 01:15, Vincent Untz <vu...@gnome.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>> * Ubuntu GNOME trademark usage
>>>  * The team is using the GNOME logo for their Ubuntu spin
>>>  * We recommended they should not use the GNOME logo in the current form
>>>  * '''ACTION''': Karen to contact the Ubuntu GNOME spin team for
>>> their use of the GNOME trademark
>>
>> Can we get more details on this? I'm obviously lacking context, but it
>> sounds disappointing that downstreams cannot use the GNOME logo to
>> promote GNOME spins/flavors they're doing. (Saying that as an openSUSE
>> guy, who's not involved in Ubuntu GNOME in any way :-))
>
> The problem, I guess from discussions when I was still on the board, is that
> the "Ubuntu GNOME" is just the GNOME logo in a circle. That's hardly enough
> differentiation. Using the GNOME logo on the cover art to show that it's
> built with GNOME would probably alright too.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it. -  Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that
counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein