Hi,

Apologies in advance for a question that will take us away from the main
thread topic...

On 05/20/2014 06:15 AM, David King wrote:
> Initially, I think that much of the money raised by an executive
> director would go towards financially supporting the executive director
> role. If the Foundation's revenues continue to drop (as has been the
> case over the last few years), an executive director role would become
> untenable without increased funding from sponsors.

I have not been paying close attention in the past 3-4 years, but when I
was, we had:
* Added new members to the advisory board
* Increased advisory board membership to $10,000 for small companies and
$20,000 for large companies

The executive director was, at the time I was on the board, the only
salary outgoing, but advisory board revenues should be $140,000 unless
I'm mistaken from my reading of the advisory board page - which ad board
members have we lost? HP, Nokia, Motorola, Oracle from the looks of
it... am I missing anyone?

The theory at the time I was on the board was that ad board revenues
paid for employees with a little margin for error, and we fundraised for
everything else. Has that principlegone by the wayside?

Also, at the time we had started to build up some cash reserves after a
few years when we really did not have a lot of room to manoeuver - have
we depleted those? I did not notice any budgets proposed that were in
deficit, but I was not paying very close attention.

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary, Lyon, France