Hi Karen,

Thanks for your questions!

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Karen Sandler <ka...@gnome.org> wrote:

> I have a few questions for the candidates too. I agree with what has been
> said by Jeff and Josh that it's important that people on the board have a
> diverse skillset, so I wouldn't expect all board members to answer yes on
> these, but I think it's good to know if at least a few people on the board
> have some background in these areas...
>
> Have you ever done any fundraising?

Not really; I have only marginally been exposed to this aspect during my
work so far.
I have some small experience participating in the organization of local
events from when I was in university.

Are you comfortable asking sponsors for money?

I believe I would feel comfortable doing this, despite not being something
I have a lot of experience with.
My level of comfort also would probably depend on the purpose of the
sponsorship and how closely I can relate to it.

Have you ever been in a manager role?

That has never been my job title, though in more recent years I started
taking on project/team lead responsibilities.

Do you have any experience talking to reporters?

Only very little, mostly related to some PR efforts I participated to in my
work experience at Endless.

Have you ever talked to a group of people about why software freedom is
> important?

Yes. In addition to presenting to free software conferences like GUADEC, I
have been involved in initiatives from local user groups in Italy, even
though not in recent times.
I pitched the importance of free software many times and to very different
audiences, both in professional and personal settings.

Cheers,
Cosimo