On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 9:50 PM, Cosimo Cecchi <cosi...@gnome.org> wrote:

> 3)  About GNOME Executive Director, how do you think about GNOME ED? And
>> what will you do if we still search GNOME ED? ( I am not mean for help to
>> search GNOME ED, cause we already have GNOME ED committee :)  )
>>

> I think finding an ED should still be one of the top priorities of the new
> board; it's unfortunate that the previous attempt did not go well. In the
> meantime, board members have been stepping up to fill some of the duties
> like liaising with the advisory board and participating in fundraising, and
> I expect the new board to keep going in that direction until another
> candidate is found. Something else that I would also consider is changing
> the job description/title if the search does not appear to be fruitful.

I just wanted to add to this point that the previous search committee did a
great job bringing a perspective candidate to the board, and I'm grateful
for their efforts!
I realized that my previous comment could have been interpreted as a
negative feeling towards the committee, but that is not at all the case.

Cheers,
Cosimo