Hi users

Our plant has used the Logmate alarm handling application for 5 years with
generally reliable performance. The package operated on stand alone PC's, but
about a year back, one of the PC's was connected into our business network
(which runs Windows NT) to enable regular backup of the capture database.

Since that time, there have been ongoing problems with the capture ports on this
networked PC randomly shutting down and then going back on line. The ports fail
individually, not simultaneously, and the length of outage is totally variable.

This has been raised with TIPS (Logmate vendor), who say it's not their problem
and refer it back to the plant IT group. Now you KNOW WHAT THE IT REACTION IS !!

     "IT'S NOT OUR NETWORK, IT'S YOUR SOFTWARE"

Has any I/A user observed this problem with any networked Logmate application,
and if so, been able to resolve it?

I would certainly appreciate any input or advice.

Regards

Rob Laghigna
Australian Vinyls