We added a new Fox I/A node to our Paper Mill in 2000 for our Mill Steam
Distribution, Mill Effluent , and 300-350 KPPH Power Boiler
(Coal,Sludge,Bark) processes. We replaced a Spectrum DCS. We had the node
up and running in mid July, rolled 70% of the points while the process
stayed in operation, and completed the switchover during our annual 1 week
boiler outage in August. The Version 6.2.1 node has:
1 - AW51D
3 - Dual headed WP70's
1 - Reliance PLC gateway
1 - CBLAN-FT (Fiber Optic)
3 - CP60FT pairs
The 3 CP-FT pairs have a total of 74 FBM 2XX's
24ea - 204's (4AI/4AO isolated)
19ea - 201's (8AI isolated)
8ea - 211's (16AI differential) with I/A powered termination assemblies
(TA's)
6ea - 203's (8 RTD isolated)
12ea - 207b's (16DI 24vdc contact sense isolated)
4ea - 242's (16DO isolated) using P0916JY - 2A 60V fused out TA
1ea - 212 (14 T/C differential)
4 pairs of FCM10E's
1 pair FCM10EF

Issues/Notes:
1) 1 CP60 died red dead at the engineering firm in June, replaced under
warranty
2) After one or two days an FBM204 caused system alarms every 45 seconds,
replaced under warranty
3) Two 201 FBM's each had one channel that worked for a few days then
failed,  both replaced under warranty
4) FBM 242's , Make sure you have the polarity correct or you WILL smoke
the channel.
5) **** FBM 211's, We had allot of problems with using 211's with the TA's
that use external power. We believe the issue was ground loops, not sure.
We replaced ALL 211's with 201's that had external powered TA's.
***********
6) We have 4 Thermocouples measuring the metal temp of our SCAH and that
have temp transmitters. We initially had them on 211's with I/A powered
TA's. Three inputs were on one FBM211 & one on another 211. They were
giving us bogus elevated readings until we moved all four inputs to 201's.
7) FBM 212, make sure you set up the RTD compensation channel correctly.
8) Randomly a WP70 will stop having the process alarms sent to it, never
more than one at a time, and it happens to one WP70 more than the rest. NOT
Resolved
9) The system monitor on the AW51D dies randomly, goes in streaks, runs
5-10 days, then might lock up two days in a row. NOT resolved. Mixed node
(AW51/WP70) issue? One of the 4 mill node is version 6.1.1 and this system
monitor monitors some equipment on that node -->> Version issue ?

"Williams, Dave G SUKOP-CME/72/04" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
@lists.TheCassandraProject.org> on 03/12/2001 09:21:22 AM

Please respond to "Foxboro DCS Mail List"
      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>