Hi all!

On the subject of true on-line upgrades, if the process wasn't critical
enough to have dual busses and fault tolerant CPs, then it's probably not so
critical it can't be shut down for upgrades every couple of years -- just my
opinion of course.

In my plant, downtime is very expensive, but if upgrades can be timed to
coincide with other major scheduled downtime (mill liner changes happen
every 6 months) then for me they are effectively cost free, so the on-line
upgrade issue has not been of particular importance to me.

If I could get Foxboro to add decent administrative and maintenance tools to
I/A it would be a relief.  If I could get Foxboro to provide advanced
control blocks in I/A similar to the fuzzy and MPC blocks in Delta V (and
Connieseur is not what I mean) it would save me the considerable effort of
writing my own or getting that functionality from other vendors.

I would certainly be happy to see Foxboro respond directly to the on line
upgrade issue this year, however, as that appears to be a major concern for
many users.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell
Fairbanks Gold Mining, Inc.