From: John Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 11:29 AM
To: 'Foxboro DCS Mail List'
Subject: RE: Back on the Soap Box

There are a few of things I need to bring up:

First, besides Bo, has anyone had success with doing an upgrade to 6.2 and
not having to reboot the CP's.  Bo says that he has seen it work, yet I have
had sources in Foxboro recommend against doing it.  Does anyone know why we
would be told this?

Second, in addition Bo's desire to see bootless CP upgrades (with economics
dictating longer intervals between shutdowns, we could use that feature,
too), I'd like to see FoxView/FoxDraw brought beyond what I still feel is
beta test reliability and features.  Two years ago, we were promised that
the next version of the package would have dynamic trending - where is it?
I'd also like to know if FoxView is still being developed or is it being
abandoned in favor of a Wonderware based product?  I know this isn't as
critical as Bo's issue, but it's important for planning and upgrades.

Finally, there are two and half working days left until the User's
Conference.  Has anyone given any thought to how those of us who feel that
bootless CP upgrades are a critical issue can organize and vote to see that
it gets the attention it deserves?  Are there any other specific items that
we can bring up - additional function blocks, time delayed alarming, better
documentation of existing control blocks, integerated expert system
functions, fuzzy ?  Granted, not everyone will have the same issues, but I
think the group should be able to form a consensus to support each other's
issues.

John

To be removed from this list, send mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with "unsubscribe foxboro" in the Subject. Or, send any mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]