Hi all,

I am facing strange problem in one of the three dot matrix printers connected to
one COMM10.

Two printers are working normally meaning printing file, alarms etc.

One printer which is connected to first port is meant for system alarm messages
is not printing system alarms as well as text file. The printing of text file
from any of the workstations in the system is not working and while trying
giving error message "failed to open the printer port (transport endpoint not
connected)"

I have tried all possible ways like delete and adding again, reinstallation of
OS1CS, changing all the possible h/w and cables, but result is same.

This printer stopped working after recommittal of new sysdef.

We  restored the recent dump tapes to our off-line set-up for further analysis
and found printer is working in off-line set-up (printing all system alarms,
files).

Same disks we took to on-line system and  found that same printer is still not
working.

We have more than 30 dot matrix printers (all are replaced with Imac PCs)  and
are working fine.

Are there anything more to try other than helpful hint #694 ?

Best regards
Harshad Viradia