From: Corey R Clingo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 6:35 PM
To: Foxboro DCS Mail List
Subject: Getting OPC data into the I/A

Awhile back I inquired about methods of getting OPC data into an I/A system.
got several good responses (thanks) and am investigating further.  We would
probably go the Matrikon route, since Foxboro's OPC gateway software
apparently
isn't released yet.

So now I'm looking at how exactly I'm going to represent this data in the
I/A
system.  I don't want to poke those values into another CP, as that seems a
waste of nodebus bandwidth and processing power on that CP.  I'd like to use
our
AW itself as a "virtual CP", if that's possible (this is not critical data).
suppose another option is getting a Modbus integrator and hooking it to the
OPC
PC, using OPC-to-Modbus-slave gateway software rather than OPC-to-I/A
gateway
software, but bandwidth could be limited by the serial link.  Any other
options?

If anyone has done this, I'd greatly appreciate some war stories.  IIRC,
someone
in Europe had a similar setup using the Matrikon software.  If it's long and
involved, feel free to reply off-list.

TIA,

Corey Clingo
Sr. Engineer
BASF Corporation

To be removed from this list, send mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with "unsubscribe foxboro" in the Subject. Or, send any mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]