Vinzent Hoefler wrote:
On Thursday 02 June 2005 13:38, Jamie McCracken wrote:

Florian Klaempfl wrote:

I'am a poor delphi programmer, didn't use it for years, but I bet
with any python programmer that I create any application faster
than him :)

You must be a damn fast typer then :)

No, that's a common misunderstanding (especially amongst C-programmers).

What matters is designing und understanding the code, not writing it. I spend less than 10% of my time at work in actually _writing_ code, so even if someone can type in his/her code twice as fast, the maximum (s)he would gain would be five percent in overall performance.

you are missing the point!

Whather you can implement something faster in another language is not the issue. I am arguing for less verbose syntax without decreasing the clarity of the code in delphi/pascal and that is logically gonna improve productivity without taking anything away.

jamie.

Vinzent.