Vinzent Hoefler wrote:
On Thursday 02 June 2005 14:01, Jamie McCracken wrote:

Vinzent Hoefler wrote:

What matters is designing und understanding the code, not writing
it. I spend less than 10% of my time at work in actually _writing_
code, so even if someone can type in his/her code twice as fast,
the maximum (s)he would gain would be five percent in overall
performance.

you are missing the point!

No, I don't. I'm damn sure what I am talking about.

So am I. My point is not changing the language so that it incurs additional maintenance or is harder to read or harder to fix bugs or make bugs more likely. In fact its the complete opposite.

My point is to to reduce or remove *redundant* syntax that serves no useful or productive purpose (to the programmer).

Forward declarations are redundant - they exist purely for the benefit of the compiler.

Begin..End is redundant - you have to indent them to make em readable anyways.

manual memory management of tobjects is redundant as you can get good performance with ref counting tobjects.

All in all the changes would mean you spend more of your time implementing your application rather than typing loads of redundant code. Maintenance is easier as their is less redundancy.

jamie.