On 11/16/05, Daniël Mantione <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know, I'm all for abolishing Chinese (and perhaps Korean), the only
> language(s) that absolutely cannot be written in with an 8 byte code.....

why not remove all languages that do not fit ASCII next???

> Now there are several solutions:
> 1. Make a Twidestringlist
> 2. Make Tstringlist use widestrings internally and add methods for both
>    ansistrings and widestrings.
> 3. Make an FCL with ansistrings and an FCL with widestrings.

Now seriously.

Why not use 1? It can be implemented on a separete unit (wideclasses
or something like that) so it won't introduce overhead for programs
that don't use it. It can be implemented by those who need it.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho