Ales Katona wrote:
Michalis Kamburelis wrote:

Ales Katona wrote:

[...]

2. Can I use Free Pascal/Lazarus for commercial development?

This is the 4th question of current FAQ. And I assume that you actually wanted to say "closed source", this is not the same thing as "commercial".

If you look at forums and mailing lists, NO people DON'T get it. You need to explicitly tell them YES YOU CAN STATIC LINK WITH OUR ENHANCED LGPL. Honestly the thing in the FAQ is good for lawyers only.

Reading FPC and Lazarus mailing lists, and I don't see such problems. And I understood the FAQ, even though IANAL. There's a text

"It is therefore possible to create closed source or proprietary software using Free Pascal."

I think that this is even more explicit (and understandable to non-programmers) than your proposed "Yes you can static link with our enhanced LGPL".

3. Are there any real world applications made with Free Pascal/Lazarus?

I guess that even a "manager" is able to type "fpc" or "lazarus" into google.

And he'll find a bunch of fanboy websites.

So what answer would you propose for the FAQ question "Are there any real world applications made with Free Pascal/Lazarus" ? A huge list of every program that was ever compiled with FPC ? A short list of "chosen projects" ? Who will decide and maintain the list of "most bright projects developed using FPC+Lazarus" ?

4. Why should I use Free Pascal/Lazarus?

Which is horribly outdated and utterly useless. Also it only specializes on comparing FP dialect of Pascal with other languages. One half of currently listed advantages is basicly a pissing contest against C/C++ and the other is saying "we got OOP/other features too you know".

[...]

Then propose a better text / feature list for "Advantages" page...

Michalis