Daniël Mantione wrote:
Andreas uses a preprocessor to convert the language extensions into Delphi compatible code. This is a remarkable achievement, but I don't see much value for this approach for Free Pascal; since we have the source code, we could implement the features directly.
I think it's good to do things like this as a preprocessor(when possible) initially. It means ideas can be
tried out more easily and given a test run before attacking the compiler.

I guess it could be done in the compiler if someone made a plugin mechanism for fpc.
I ain't volunteering for _that_ job :-)