On Thursday 14 June 2007 06:42, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> Why do you need a plug in mechanism? You've the sources? When you
> have the sources, 90 per cent of the use of a plugin are gone.

Well, we'd call that non-intrusive change. ;)

You'd just need to compile the plug-in, and not a changed compiler
(which then may even apply recursively). This rules out a whole class
of possible error sources.

So it's probably the last 10% that counts. ;) Which, BTW, fits nicely
into another 90/10 rule: 90% of all errors are coming from only 10% of
the code. ;)

Vinzent.