Daniël Mantione ha scritto:
Op Thu, 29 Nov 2007, schreef Joost van der Sluis:

Most linux-distubutions do support 32 bit and 64 bit at the same time.
So you can just install the 32-bit fpc-compiler on your system, and use
this compiler to create 32-bit applications on your 64/32-bit OS.

Distribution support is not even necessary, for example, we have the i386 version installed on Scenergy (without any 32-bit distro support) and it runs without trouble. Of course you cannot link to external libraries in such case, because they are not installed.

Daniël
Yes, I have the packages needed to open a 32 bit file in my 64 bits distro (ubuntu-server): .
linux32 ia32-libs lib32gcc1 lib32stdc++6 lib32z1 libc6-dev-i386 lib32bz2-dev

But the fpc compiler version I'm using have bugfixes introduced by Joost that are needed in my application, so I will also need a 32 bit fpc compiler with that inside it...
... or I am wrong?