> That's probably the end of that computer lazarus installation, I can't
> risk to mess up the libs again.

Personally, I use a 32 bit chroot environment to avoid headaches. The only
drawback is that you need root privileges to run chroot.
I wrote some bash scripts (very ugly and without error checking, since I never
wrote bash scripts before) that help setting up a 32 bit chroot environment.
They are thought for fedora, but should work on any system with rpm2cpio
installed.

If you want you can contact me in private so that we can speak Italian :)

bye,
Giulio