Martin Schreiber schrieb:
>>> http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=6036
>> It doesn't look like that is going to be fixed any time soon. It was
>> reported in 2005-06-14 and still hasn't even been acknowledged!

I've no clue how it is supposed to work :)

> :-)
> Reference counted widestrings is another theme:
> http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=6060

Mid-term solution will be some unicodestring type, however, it will blow
the system unit again that's why I hesitate to implement it.

> And I'd like to remember the 'friend units' where protected class members are
> accessible in order to avoid the ugly and memory wasting fake class
> definitions
> "
> implementation
> type
>  tsomeclass1 = class(tsomeclass)
> end;
> [....]
>  with tsomeclass1(someclassinstance) do begin
> end;
> "

This was a bug in 1.0.x-2.0.x violating all OOP rules, this is why it
was fixed ;)

> Packages support and

This opens a can of worms nobody wants to maintain :)

> faster compiling are on my wishlist too...

I don't see a way to improve this, even more, my current machine does a
make clean all in 1min20 so I even don't see a need to improve it :)